Master of Data
Menlo Park Engineering Full-time
Join Andreessen Horowitz’s new engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for data and an eye for detail. You will be responsible for managing the public and proprietary datasets that a16z gathers from a variety of sources, and designing and executing on processes to keep this data up to date. You will also explore and connect to new data sources as they come up. The sheer size and activity of our firm means that you will get a bird’s eye view of everything that’s going on in technology. And your experience here will give you deep insight into why companies succeed and fail, knowledge that will be invaluable if and when you build a startup of your own.
- Solid understanding of SQL databases such as Postgres
- Strong experience with Python
- Intimately familiar with Unix, Git, text editors, etc.
- Passionate about data
Nice to have
- Very comfortable with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with Django and/or Heroku
- Experience with SalesForce
Perks and Benefits
When you join us, you will receive:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Catered lunch every day plus a fully stocked kitchen
- On-site gym access to work it off
- Informal chats with some of the most renowned investors and entrepreneurs in the world
About Andreessen Horowitz
Andreessen Horowitz is a multi-billion dollar venture capital firm that provides seed, venture and growth-stage funding to the most promising and innovative technology companies. Founded by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz helps entrepreneurs become successful CEOs and build enduring businesses. Its investing partners are Marc Andreessen, Lars Dalgaard, Chris Dixon, Ben Horowitz, Jeff Jordan, Peter Levine, Balaji S. Srinivasan, and Scott Weiss — all widely recognized experts in the creation, scaling and operation of high growth technology companies. The firm has $4.2 billion under management across four funds. Among its investments are Airbnb, Coinbase, Crowdtilt, Facebook, Foursquare, GitHub, Instagram, Jawbone, Lookout, Nicira, Oculus VR, Meteor, Lyft, Pinterest, Rapgenius, Skype, Quirky, and Twitter.