Consumer Infrastructure Partner
Andreessen Horowitz is hiring a partner to work on our consumer infrastructure investment team.
Consumer infrastructure startups develop breakthrough technologies that are marketed directly to consumers. Often, they also build platforms for third-party developers. In order to source and evaluate these startups, you’ll need to be deeply immersed in both technology and consumer trends.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Expertise in computer science, both theory and practice, including hands-on experience with modern languages and tools.
- Interest in new technologies like virtual reality, crowdfunding, Bitcoin, robotics, biomedicine, and artificial intelligence.
- Experience participating in technology-focused communities like Github, Stack Overflow, Reddit, Twitter, and Hacker News.
- Interest in startups and the technology industry.
- Strong writing and debate skills.
The position has excellent salary and benefits. You’ll get to learn from the best technologists and entrepreneurs in the world. Most likely, you’ll stay in the role for two years, and then, with our help, do something else that involves technology startups.
To apply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
- Subject line that says “Chris Dixon — Consumer Infrastructure Partner.”
- Link to resume.
- Links to relevant online profiles (Github, Twitter, Reddit, etc).
- Writing samples that demonstrate rigorous thinking.
- Description of why you are qualified for the position.