Talks and Podcasts
- AI and Deep Learning
- a16z Podcast: The Product Edge in Machine Learning Startups
- When Humanity Meets AI
Other Talks and Podcasts
- “Large-Scale Deep Learning for Intelligent Computer Systems”, Google Tech Talk with Jeff Dean at Campus Seoul, March 2016.
- Prof. Geoff Hinton Neural Networks for Machine Learning, Coursera Lectures 2012.
- Deep Learning and Understandability versus Software Engineering and Verification, Peter Norvig, 2016.
- Accelerating Understanding: Deep Learning, Intelligent Applications, and GPUs. Yann LeCun, director of AI research at Facebook and professor of data science, computer science, neural science and electrical engineering at NYU.
- A DARPA Perspective on Artificial Intelligence. John Launchbury, the Director of DARPA’s Information Innovation Office (I2O).
- Welch Labs introduction to neural networks, a handful of 4-5 minute, well done videos
- Google’s Tensorflow tutorial
- Google’s 3-hour course Learn TensorFlow and deep learning, without a Ph.D.
- Stanford’s Deep Learning Tutorial
- Watch technical talks from various past Machine Learning Summer Schools or check out videos from the 2016 Deep Learning Summer School
- The classic: Coursera Machine Learning by Andrew Ng
- Udacity Introduction to Machine Learning
- Udacity Deep Learning by Google
- “The trinity”: Stanford class CS221: Artificial Intelligence: Principles and Techniques by Percy Liang, Stanford class CS224N Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning by Christopher Manning and Richard Socher, YouTube playlist, Stanford class CS231N: Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition by Fei-Fei Li and Andrej Karapthy
- EdX Introduction to AI
- Carnegie Mellon’s Introduction to Machine Learning, followed up by Statistical Machine Learning
- MIT’s Artificial Intelligence with Patrick Henry Winston
- List (and reviews) of top 5 online classes, curated by Arthur Chan
- Fast.ai’s 7-week Practical Deep Learning, taught by Jeremy Howard (past president of Kaggle, founder of Enlitic and fast.ai)
Blogs and sites
- Andrej Karpathy blog, check out Unreasonable effectiveness of RNN
- KDNuggets: News, stories, job posts, data sets about machine learning (not just deep learning)
- Algobeans: great layman’s explanations of analytics concepts
- Arthur Chan’s blog
- Andrew Gibiansky’s occasionally updated blog posts explaining basic concepts
- Christopher Olah’s blog
- Edwin Chen’s blog
- Ujjwal Karn with occasional explanatory posts on data science
- Three Challenges for Artificial Intelligence in Medicine on the Cardiogram blog
- Deep Learning for NLP Best Practices
- Azeem Azhar’s The Exponential View
- CognitionX AI News Briefing
- David Lissmyr’s AI Weekly
- Denny Britz’s The Wild Week in AI
- Jack Clark’s Import AI
- O’Reilly Data and AI Newsletter
- Sam DeBrule’s Machine Learnings, A Weekly Roundup of ML and AI News
- Not all about AI/ML, but plenty of interesting content too: Benedict Evans’ Newsletter
- Matt Fogel’s curated list of the Top 10 Best AI, Data Science and Machine Learning Podcasts
- Nvidia’s The AI Podcast
- Katie Malone and Ben Jaffe host a fun, conversation-style podcast called Linear Digressions that explains how things work
- Sam Charrington’s This Week in Machine Learning & AI
- The most popular textbook, Artificial Intelligence, 3rd edition by Stuart Russell and Peter Norvig
- Michael Nielsen’s online book Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Andrew Ng’s Deep Learning Yearning
- Textbook: Deep Learning by Ian Goodfellow and Yoshua Bengio and Aaron Courville
- Reinforcement Learning and its Relationship to Supervised Learning
- Check out Siraj Raval’s Artificial Intelligence Education YouTube channel. (Here’s a video on AI generated music.)
- Have fun at Google’s browser-based AI Experiments site
- Keep up to date with Artificial Intelligence research papers at arXiv.org
- Because there are too many papers to actually read, try @kaparthy’s arXiv Sanity browser
- Check out the latest articles about machine learning at Distill
- Stanford University 100 Year Study on AI
- Summary of Schmidhumber’s long history and introduction by Annalyn Ng and Kenneth Soo
- McKinsey study on AI and jobs
- Dive into the Machine Learning For Software Engineers rabbithole
- Quora is continually adding Q&A around relevant topics such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Artificial Neural Networks.
- A curated list of how people are using AI to do creative things like write music, write stories, and create paintings.
- Along those lines, try @hardmaru’s Instagram feed full of deep learning generated sketches. Fun!
- Fast AI’s Jupyter Notebook Enhancements, Tips and Tricks